Thursday, September 11, 2008

Stargazer Lily WIP update

Stargazer Lily Work in Progress
Coloured Pencil on Stonehenge
copyright Teresa Mallen

Here is how it looks now. I still have to finish a petal and the background isn't done yet. After that I just need to deepen some values and it will be done. I'm liking the softness of this piece and my goal is to not overwork it as I don't want to lose this effect.

Also on my agenda for today is to create some advertising for my portrait classes in November. I am delighted that I have a new printer. This job should go a lot smoother than the last time I created ads. :)

3 comments:

Valerie Jones said...

It's looking lovely! Good luck on creating class advertisements! I dread that chore at times. Oh, and a new printer! YAY! I'm looking to purchase a new one soon too.

Jeanette Jobson said...

This is beautiful Teresa. The colours are wonderful and it is very realistic. I had dozens of lilies in the greenhouse and garden this year but haven't drawn one yet!

I don't mind creating the class ads or flyers, its the distribution that is the hard part!

Teresa Mallen said...

Hi Valerie and Jeanette,

Thank you for such lovely comments on my lily! Ahhh, a greenhouse, now that is wonderful idea!!

I actually enjoy all the various business activities, with the exception of preparing my income tax. Depreciating assets, yuck, and oops did I forget to write down the mileage on that business related errand?!

Having just graduated from Windows 98 and an ancient computer with a very wonky monitor to a new computer and from a printer that was only managing to get black and white printing correct, I must admit that doing ads and flyers just got a whole lot easier.

Your right Jeanette, distribution is a nusiance. Spending time driving around a city to the various drop off spots is something I would rather not do.