Saturday, May 17, 2008

Blogs I Enjoy


I have finally got around to posting a list of blogs that I enjoy. You will find the list in the sidebar on the right hand side of this blog page. Just click on a name and the hyperlink will take you to their blog.

It is a small list as I have decided to just include the blogs that I read regularly and that I would be willing to recommend. Obviously this is a very subjective list.

What do I look for in a blog? Well, for one thing it has to be active. If someone doesn't post very often then I don't see the point in recommending them.

There has to a certain level of quality to their work. My goal in sharing the blogs I enjoy is that visitors will have new resources for their artistic journey. You will learn from each of these talented individuals.

The artists listed are all pencil artists. If you are visiting my blog, I assume you have an interest in fine art that is created with pencils.

These artists are professional in their conduct and in their ethics. I don't support bloggers who do not give credit to a source or who do not observe copyright laws.

I would like to introduce you to each of these wonderful women. I thought I would highlight a particular artist each week (until I have gone through my list).

First up, this week I would like to highlight Cynthia (Cindy) Haase. Cindy volunteers as the membership director for the Coloured Pencil Society of America. I came to know her as a result of her role with the CPSA. I visited her blog just before creating my own and Cindy was kind enough to offer assistance should I need help. How generous is that?

Here is what you will love about her blog. Cindy is great about sharing her process. She works in a variety of methods. You get to see the results and often you get to see the work as it progresses. Cindy has been exploring underpainting with Neocolors II, Intense and markers. Lately she has been showcasing coloured pencil paintings over which she has added pastel. Cindy is very talented and I know you will really enjoy her work.

Not only is Cindy talented, she is also a wonderful person to boot. I found out that my painting was accepted into the CPSA 2008 exhibition when Cindy emailed her congratulations. The 'official' email hadn't made it to me yet. If you have read my post from Thursday regarding artists supporting one another, well here is one example. I am delighted to have 'met' Cindy and I know that you will enjoy visiting her blog as much as I do. Don't forget to leave her a comment - introduce yourself and say hi!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How sweet you are! And I'm so glad you heard the good news from me!!!!

CPSA always posts its list of selected artists on the website and that's how I found out. ;-)